This unit will review the goals of documentation of a comprehensive health assessment and provide examples of documentation for the following scenarios:
2. A comprehensive health assessment using Systems Approach
3. A focused assessment based on one health complaint.
If you are studying this course using Systems Approach, then focus your attention on the documentation using the Systems Approach.
Regardless of whether or not you are interested in Functional Health Patterns or Systems Approach, a review of a focused assessment documentation will be beneficial, as this is a common form of documentation in emergent, acute, and clinical settings.
At the completion of this unit, the learner should:
2. Understand common phrases and abbreviations used during documentation of a health assessment.
3. Keep organized information gained during a health assessment
4. Demonstrate documentation of a comprehensive health assessment.
5. Understand the difference between documentation of a comprehensive health assessment and documentation of a focused assessment
6. Understand the difference between documentation using Functional Health Patterns and Systems Approach.
1. View CD-ROM presentations for this unit
2. Review documentation for case study
3. Review assessment form for all other units and make any
corrections for final
Back to Table of Contents .