This unit covers the health assessment of the eyes and ears including:
2. Review of anatomy and physiology
3. Physical examination procedures
4. Developmental and cultural variations
To assist in clarifying the history and examination procedures, eyes and ears are separated.
The CD-ROM presentation presents new glossary terms for this unit.
If you are studying this unit using the Systems Approach, this unit would fall under "Head and Neck", and be examined during the head and neck examination.
Upon completion of this unit, the learner will be able to:
2. Review anatomy and physiology of the eyes and ears.
3. Describe screening procedures for visual acuity.
4. Demonstrate physical examination procedures for the internal and external examination of the eyes and ears.
5. Understand variations in the health assessment of eyes and ears dependent on the age of the client.
6. Understand common variations in the eyes and ears dependent on ethnic and cultural background.
7. Demonstrate documentation of normal findings following the health assessment of the eyes and ears.
2. View "Eye and Ear Examination" in the video: Comprehensive Physical Examination
2. Take Quiz: Eyes and Ears
3. View Video Tape: Eye and Ear Examination on Comprehensive Physical Examination video
4. Practice history and physical on your partner
5. Document your findings on the Assessment Form
6. Demonstrate skills during the final video tape